Friday, October 25, 2013

13 over par, but still swinging

It's been about a month since I last wrote anything on this blog. In that time, I've gone over my stories a bit, thought of new ideas, reorganized some of my existing ideas, and written maybe 2 paragraphs. Though this is nowhere near the goals I have set for myself, I need to quit thinking of it as failure.

Recently I saw a comic strip where the character wakes up, checks the clock, and says "I'm late. Guess I'll try again tomorrow." Then promptly goes back to sleep. This is far too comparable to my own actions of late, and I must stop. It is better to write just a few words a day than give up completely on my hour of allotment. I will take a small notebook with me to more easily scribble and such. As my phone's battery has been dying too readily and that's where I do most of my writing, the notebook would been a more stable way to write, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment