7 billion people
All marching in a line
And if you ask how they are
They all say they're doing fine.
All marching in a line
And if you ask how they are
They all say they're doing fine.
7 billion people
All marching one-by-one
No time to chat nor make new friends
No time to learn what's fun
All marching one-by-one
No time to chat nor make new friends
No time to learn what's fun
7 billion people
All following the lead
And on the path they march and march
And march until feet bleed
All following the lead
And on the path they march and march
And march until feet bleed
Seven billion people
All follow off the cliff
But some don't end their journey
Before their legs fall stiff
All follow off the cliff
But some don't end their journey
Before their legs fall stiff
Seven billion people
Rarely happiness is found
Yet all too soon another one
Is buried in the ground
Rarely happiness is found
Yet all too soon another one
Is buried in the ground
Seven billion people
All need to catch a breath
Just stop and smell the roses
Before they meet their death
All need to catch a breath
Just stop and smell the roses
Before they meet their death
I'm sure there's more to be written about it, perhaps even warm it up a bit, because it seems so cold. But at this time, so are my thoughts.
I know you sent me this already and I read it and loved it. Death can feel cold...it always has felt cold to me. I didn't cry when any of my grandparents died - I was also quite young (13 and 16) when they passed. No one close to me has passed in a long time.
ReplyDeleteI actually don't believe in refining poems...I think they flow out of you at the time as they should. Revisions take away the feeling of the moment. My opinion though!