Monday, July 22, 2013
Computer to be fixed tomorrow?
well. its been a week since I wrote on here, which is definitely not good. its not something i can be proud of, but at least i have been working on my stories still even got a few ideas about putting them into other mediums, since it seems like nothing stays as just words on a page very long lately. it is both amazing and a bit disheartening to see how many books from my youth that they have made or are making into movies. i still have not seen atlas shrugged yet, though i found the book rather motivating. but i will make a point to see enders game. perhaps a few times. but, if you value punctuation and grammar as much as i, then this paragraph of text is already becomming painful to read. so the question i leave you with this blog post: what book from your childhood do you most wish you could make into a movie?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Wrinkle In Time. Or anything by Madeleine L'Engle.
ReplyDeleteI read quite a bit growing up. It was my solace, my peace when I had nightmares or when something bad happened. It was a place where I was always safe, no matter what.
ReplyDeleteGoing all the way back in time, I actually wish that an inspirational movie would be made based on "The Pokey Little Puppy". It is a simple premise, but there is value there - the puppy finds what others don't because he takes his time. Since none of us have patience anymore, it is a lesson that would be good for us.
I also wish that someone would do a remake of the saddest book of all time "Where the red fern grows". I cried reading that book but it is a fantastic book.
Thinking about things that I have read more recently, since I am old and the other books are from long ago, I would have to say "Good in Bed" by Jennifer Weiner. It is a romantic comedy in book form. I don't normally go for romantic comedies, but this one is about a family chick who gets revenge on her mean ex... So I could make an exception!