Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I got the rhythm, I got the rhyme, everybody take a pause for reading time!

All will know what I had meant,
When I said my rhymes were relevant.
Poetically elegant,
my gift for gab is Heaven-sent.

My words are always pleasin'
and they don't need a reason.
Even out of season,
without my beats you're freezin'.

I can make rhymes about politics
or even about drug addicts.
I can pound the beat with one drumstick.
But I'd drop the beat for a cute enough chick. ;)

I can bust beats with the radio on
I can wax poetic all night long.
All the way from dusk until the dawn.
When it comes to the message I'm the poem's pawn.

I can write most pleasantly
but me can speak irritatibly!
A great rhythm makes me squee with glee.
And reading this makes you happy.

Though I like being spontaneous
My rhymes are rarely outrageous.
For that I'd need to be courageous.
And I'm just a bit to shy.
(Yes, I'm actually a shy guy.)

At work I'm told I need to be
Caring, Kind, and Patient me.
and yet always, inevitably,
they end up just on wasting me.

I try to be a gentleman,
And though things come up, that's the plan.
I'm not near as sweet as a candy man
but within my limits I do what I can.

Character witness? I've got a few.
Like Noah's ark they come two-by-two.
Sometimes it's what you say, not what you do.
Sometimes it's not what you did, but to who.

I've got my fair share of guilt on hand.
Enough to give a solo each to a full blues' band.
And when the tough stuff came I sometimes ran,
but now I am a bigger man.

When the time comes I do what it takes,
though I sometimes still do make mistakes.
Perfection levels all in its wake,
and I'm not quite ready for that earthquake.

So I wake each morning and I do my best,
Because you don't know which day will be your test.
And I still have to vent when I get stressed.
But even for an athiest I think I'm blessed.

The rhymes are getting harder and I'm barely in,
but to give up now would be a sin.
I wonder what it would be like to have a twin.
Maybe it's time to begin ag...in?

~~

Limericks are poems with a change to the pace,
and though they still rhyme they have a different face.
The first, second, and last line all end the same,
But the jokes held within are rarely tame.
So I'll write some of those within this space.

There was a young girl on facebook.
And on seeing cute boys, she shook.
Though the boys feared it seizure,
She knew they could please 'er,
And she knew it with just but a look.

The was a young writer named Scott,
who feared all he wrote was just rot.
So he spilled his heart by blogging 'em
And the audience wasn't flogging 'im.
So it's time to move on with the plot.

~~

The weather outside's like ninety degrees
with the half a week of sixty always being a tease.
So I sit at my computer and the sweat does flow,
Oh why can't my air conditioner grow?

It's been a half an hour and I'm running out of thought,
The writer's block I might have caught.
but if I give up now it's all for naught,
yet if I keep trying my brain goes taut.

Even out in public I sometimes feel alone,
For the company I keep rarely matches my own,
I'd like to be more social and spread my wings,
but sometimes it's hard to find common things.

I'm sharing random thoughts just to fill the "paper"
I once knew a girl called "Little Raper"
She had a big brother on the football team,
but what the heck did their last name mean??

Some people ask me if I prefer Geek or Nerd,
and sometimes I wish there had been a third.
But Dork isn't at all what I want,
So I prefer Geek if you want to taunt.
But the Geek shall inherit the Earth,
For we all are modest of our worth.
Because I prefer overlooked to overworked.
Yet I put a full effort in each day,
even though I frequently question the pay.
And there's a lot of question I try not to say,
Yet if it stays downhill, I likely may.

I'm an Xbox gamer, but I'll probably switch
Due to the Xbox One's main PR hitch.
If you knew what customer's wanted you wouldn't flip flop,
So maybe wait a year or two and take it from the top.

Though some really like it, I can't prefer DC
because Marvel heroes could be me.
I'm not a dying member of a once-great race,
Like Superman, Abin Sur, Martian Manhunter... or all the others from space.

My hour's almost up (at least I hope)
as I come to the end of my rhyming rope.
if it goes much longer I'll need a hand
Because writing this much I hadn't planned.

So I sit here at the computer box
and my head feels like it's full of rocks.
Why didn't people yet adopt the word "plox"?
That could have caught on like it was the pox.



My blog is plain because it's about the writing,
and if I add a background there's more you're sighting.
So please let me know that the fish are biting,
by responding how it looks in this lighting. :D

#############
#############

Okay, that's enough practice writing for a day. Definitely had a few points I thought about giving up, but even the bad ones I'm pretty proud of. Let me know what you think! Comments encouraged.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I enjoyed. And you should make your blog better looking.

    ReplyDelete