Monday, July 29, 2013

Two pages and a prophecy?

Writing in the moleskin again. Seems to come most naturally, other than the hunched over angle. Some personal stuff has me a bit distracted, but I won't let that get in the way of upholding my promises to myself about writing. When writing about being outside of quarantine got too hard, I changed tactics and wrote about something else I've been tossing around, and wrote a prophecy for the books. Not a huge one, I'm sure I'll fluff it out some later when I know more about what the books will include and such, but a pretty good start. And I'm likely to change some of the wording, perhaps make it a little less rhyming, since languages and such would change over time... especially when the language isn't even from Earth. But whatever. I'm cool with sharing the prophecy as it currently reads.

~~~~~~~

Far in the future; Millennia three
By forging truce, a hero he'll be.
Though we yet war with the Brethren Swarm,
Six orbits lasts the eye of the storm.

Ripened by tragedy, the hero grows strong.
Yet none shall hear his silent song.
Though called abomination by those in his clan
All doubt dissipated when he comes back a man.

When unity is found, then the hero will rise.
For he brings truth to a thousand lies.
Facing the gauntlet he shall not falter.
On the trail of justice the hero canst alter.

New galactic order the hero shalt bring,
For he shalt teach the third planet to sing.
The truce is short lived, for a hero will fall,
The reigns are seized by who answers his call.

The war of Swarm ended, an empty throne,
A false hero rises while the true rests alone
The balance of power may swing evil or good,
But the bringer of balance sings the song of wood.

1 comment: